Select a Sabbatical Consultation time that suits you
This is an individually scheduled 90-minute consultation that will occur on Zoom. As a result of that consultation, we hope that you’ll have added clarity about how to approach your sabbatical--even if you have already started and are in the process of exploring options. Please note that a sabbatical does not have to be full time. A part time sabbatical needs as much, if not more, consideration so that the value can be experienced.
To talk about with Fred: What’s your state of mind as you move toward your sabbatical?
How are you moving into your sabbatical period, even if you are maintaining significant contributions to various parts of your life’s work? Use the following options as a starting point to register your “state” these days.
● Disrupted, in the midst of immediate transitions. Possibly feeling: losses, instability, or urgency to figure some things out.
● Tired, wanting rest and renewal. Possibly feeling: burned out, not yourself, or on “the edge.”
● Apprehensive, with worry about how to take a sabbatical, what to share with others about it or how you’ll be perceived.
What do you want your sabbatical to be for?
Many long for some kind of renewal. Before talking with Fred, imagine what you’d like that to be for you. Additionally, some people have one or more things in mind that they want to take on, get into or somehow advance from where it was before. Others sense the unknowns in their lives and want to be with them in a new way and see what happens; this can be more like a quest, even if where it goes is unclear. To what extent are you going in wanting either or both of these:
- A project-building orientation. This means you have an idea for something, old or new, that you want to focus on and develop, and at least some of your sabbatical time will involve exploring it, expressing it and, in whatever way you choose, working it out.
- A pilgrimage orientation. This means you recognize the unknowns in your life these days–possibly because you and the world around you is changing–and you want to step into and open up to them with a combination of exploration and reflection.
There is something important about how you engage either of these. A project that is another kind of production may accomplish something but not support renewal. A pilgrimage that is more like a vacation may leave you refreshed but otherwise as you were before your sabbatical.
Book your Sabbatical Consultation with Fred
Book your consultation with Fred in Calendy
Cancellation & Terms
Payment is fully refundable up to 28 days before the start of the event, less a 13% processing fee; it is not refundable thereafter. If the event is under-enrolled, we reserve the right to cancel 28 days prior to the event start date, and refund your registration fee in full.